View Area Listings
4789 Route 309 | Center Valley, PA 18034
Phone: 610-393-9393 | Office Phone: 610-791-4400 | Fax: 267-354-6225
< Back to Judy Kistler's Blog
January 24, 2018 1:00 am
Are you hoping to create a smart financial plan this year, but unsure where to start? Being realistic and accurate can ensure those budgets have long-term success, according to Senior CFP Board Ambassador Jill Schlesinger, CFP®.
To help, Schlesinger offered a list of financial goals to help people start creating a financial plan.
- Pay down consumer (credit card balances or auto loans) and student debt
- Establish an emergency reserve fund of six to 12 months of living expenses
- Maximize retirement savings (the 2018 limit for 401(k)s, 403(b)s and 457 plans is $18,500 or $24,500 if you are over age 50; the limit for Traditional or Roth IRAs is $5,500 or $6,500 for those over age 50. If you are self-employed, the limits are higher.)
- Fund a 529-education fund (now expanded via the tax plan, to include private or parochial school for up to $10,000 a year in tuition and other expenses)
- Establish a general investment account to fund anything from a second home to an accelerated path to retirement
Source: Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
Published with permission from RISMedia.
Copyright© 2018 by eWebEngine - A Division of Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies
Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated
RE/MAX 440, PA